How to create a bilingual book
Imagine you would like to create a book which contains English
text on all left pages and the same text in e.g. German on the
corresponding right pages.
In iCalamus, this is possible without much effort. You just have
to understand what to do.
- First of all, create a document sample in the desired format,
e.g. 2 pages in DIN A5, with the desired guides to help placing text
frames. Be sure to use the double page mode, with the first page not
being the right page.
- Now create a text frame on the left page. Assign a good name to
the existing layer, e.g.
- Create another layer (
German), and create a text frame
on the right page, but in the German layer!
- Now set the automatic piping from and to pages for the left
frame. Be sure to have set all check marks correctly.
- Now, similarly set the automatic piping from and to pages for
the right frame. The piping will recognize the different layers and
only pipe from left pages to left pages, and also only from right to
- When you've finished setting up the document sample, multiply
the pair of pages using the Pages inspector. My example screen shot
adds 62 pages (giving a total of 64 pages for a booklet).
Important : Don't forget to set the
checkbox. This option does the trick and copies the automatic piping
information to the desired frames in all new pages.
- You can now easily switch layers and handle the piped text
Copyright © invers Software & DSD.net (Retour)
Dernière mise à jour le 13 juin 2015